Happy Saturday, as we are rushing around to finish our holiday shopping don’t think I forgot about our pups! Our spoiled four legged friends get there own stockings and of course some homemade holiday fun!
These homemade treats will be the perfect surprise for your furry friend on Christmas Morning!
- Cooking spray
- Dog Bone Cookie Cutter
- 2-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup wheat germ
- ½ cup ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup applesauce
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, and flax seed. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combing honey, eggs, oil, water, applesauce and pumpkin puree until well combined. Pour into dry ingredients and stir until well-mixed.
- Form into a disc and roll out on a well-floured surface until about ¼” thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut out shapes and place on prepared baking sheet about 1″ apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until treats are very brown and very hard.
- Let cool completely before giving them to your pooch to try out. Store in an airtight container out-of-reach of your puppy.