With the cold weather coming here is cute handmade gift to warm your hands and your heart!
- A thin wool sweater or scarf, prewashed/dryed
- Printable pattern pieces
- Scissors, thread, sewing machine, the usual suspects
1. Cut all pattern pieces as directed; layer two knit hearts on top of one another and sew with a 1/4″ seam allowance, leaving a small opening.
2. Use a tiny funnel (can also use a straw or a rolled up paper) and fill with rice. Stitch the opening close, repeat for the second set of hearts.
3. Fold the straight edge of each overlapping piece over 1/4″ and stitch down.
4. Lay the overlapping pieces over one another with the top piece in front, with right sides together, on top of the whole wool heart. Stitch around all edges with a 3/8″ seam allowance.
5. Flip right side out and squish in your insert!
The little envelope opening also provides a super cozy spot to stick your fingers, especially if you’ve had to take your gloves off to text or use your phone. I hope you dig out some old sweaters and sew up a few this winter!